Your privacy is important to us and we know that you are concerned about how we use your personal information. Standard Bank Group Limited, its subsidiaries and their subsidiaries* (Group, we, us, our) collect and process your personal information according to the data protection principles set out below. Reference to personal information means any information which identifies you, and includes information such as your name/s, email address, telephone number, biometric information and password, as well as any other personal information collected. This Privacy Statement and our Cookie Notice applies when you use our Channels (this website, associated websites, mobile sites, mobile applications and other channels).
These principles are in line with our Code of Ethics and comply with applicable laws, rules and standards.
- We maintain and continuously improve our data privacy culture by providing training and awareness sessions for all employees, and where relevant, for third-party service providers.
- All employees are made aware of their responsibilities in terms of laws and internal rules that apply to protecting personal information.
- We promote the protection of personal information by ensuring that we comply with applicable laws, rules and standards when processing your personal information.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you how we collect and use your personal information. These practices can be found in our privacy statements and all our products and services agreements.
- We rely on lawful grounds with respect to the collection, use, and sharing of personal information and collect personal information only for the purposes identified in our privacy statements and all our products and services agreements. Lawful grounds include consent (when needed we may ask for consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you for example, to deliver the products or services you have requested) and for the purposes of our legitimate interests (to manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions) or your legitimate interests (to protect you or others from threats such as security threats or fraud) or for the legitimate interests of third parties.
- When you use our Channels, we collect your personal information through cookies enabled on these channels. A “cookie” is a small text file that is stored on your computer, smartphone, tablet, or other device when you visit a website or use an app. They contain specific information relating to your use of our website or app, such as login credentials; your preference settings or tracking identifiers. Cookies make it easier for us to give you a better experience online. For all optional types of cookies, we will obtain your consent before these cookies can be used or stored on your device.
- provide products and services that you request;
- deliver advertising via marketing communications;
- provide you a better personalised online experience and track website performance; and
- help us make our website more relevant to you.
To learn more about our site's cookies and how you can manage them please visit our manage your cookies page.